Meercats

Seth & Kate - they're some of our dearest friends in the whole world.  Although Seth is an incredibly smart and business savvy person his grammar is the type that'd make an English teacher cry themself to sleep every night.  Although he tries his hardest he's famous for misspelling words such as lose by typing loose...or website for websight...or mirror for meer. Yes, meer. Which is why I'm writing tonight. 

Roughly a year ago we were with Seth & Kate at another couple's house in Knoxville playing a little poker. Curtis (hubby #3) suddenly remembered a letter he had stumbled upon and since Corey, Seth & Curtis were inseparable in high school he knew we'd all get a kick out of reading it. Curtis had gone to a Young Life camp for a month one summer and since Seth and Corey missed their BFF so much they decided to write him a letter. Now, I won't go into why mirror was used in the letter since upon reading the letter it was one of the few (very few) times I've seen Seth actually blush. Nonetheless, I was the one reading it and when I got to "meer" only to realize that what he meant to write was "mirror" I suddenly stopped and started doing the painful laugh. You know what I mean...the type of laugh that makes your cheeks ache...the type of laugh that is from the depths of your soul...the type of laugh that is silent, but makes you cry. These types of laughs are always most memorable.

When I finally caught my breath I looked up at Seth and excitedly asked, "meer?!?! Like a meercat?!?!" "What's a meercat?", he asked. And, so a new animal was discovered for ol' Sethie that night. We learn something everyday. 

A few days later I was writing Katie an email and instead of signing 'Mercer' (which is my maiden name and what they all call me since I also went to high school with these crazy boys) I signed it MeERCatER. And, thus the nickname was born. Seth and Kate both for the past year have officially coined my new name as Meercater. 

So, of course you can imagine the excitement they had when giving me my Christmas present when visiting this weekend...




That's right. Meercat slippers. Next to my UGGs these are my new favorite shoes for the winter. So soft and fluffy and well...stylish if I might say so myself.  

Thanks, S&K for being our BFFs. You're the yin to our yang. 

xoxo, 

M'cater

(Seth & Kate ... proof at just how exciting of hosts we are! ;)

No comments: