Winter Days [in the Cudzilo household]

I worked on my new website and finalized the details of my newly designed blog (to make its debut in February). 

He slept. 

I had a photo shoot.... with Chili. 

He woke up mid-day after working the night shift and settled in to our comfy chair and a half to catch up on the weeks of missed football. 

I IM'ed with my sister. 

He asked me to put my computer away. 

I watched nervously as the Vols went from being up by 15 points to losing in overtime. I bit all my nails off. 

He yelled at the TV, spatting out dozens of questions as if the players, coach and refs were actually going to answer. 

I retired to bed early so that I could read. 

He came in a bit later and read the new Time from cover to cover. 

I asked him what sleep apnea was. 

He explained. 

I told him he had it. 

He denied it. 

I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat as he drifted off to sleep. I yelled him awake explaining to him that his breathing was much too labored and I was for certain he was stricken with sleep apnea. 

He got mad at me because I frightened him. 

We laughed. 

I woke up this morning just in time for coffee with a friend. 

He stayed smart and decided to enjoy his wintry day off in a cozy, warm home. 

We looked at each other and simultaneously felt guilty. 

We took Chili for a walk. 

We talked to some of our best friends who were also spending the day at home on speaker phone.  

He told a joke. 

We all laughed. 

He suggested we go to the gym. 

I suggested we not. 

He suggested we go to the gym quickly so that we could be done with it. 

I surrendered. 

I trudged along on the elliptical machine and thought about food. 

We ran to Best Buy so that I could drop another $100 on business stuff (does running every business cost so much?!). 

I spotted a Sonic. 

We ordered two lemon-berry slushes. 

I smelled burger. 

He pulled around to the window. 

I demanded we add on a burger. 

We split the most delicious burger I've ever had. 

I watched TV. 

He did the laundry AND made dinner (he insisted!). 

I told him that I felt weird just sitting there and that I'm not sure if I'd had so much house help in the time we've been in Cinci. 

He laughed and then called me a liar.  

We ate a delicious dinner. 

He cleaned (he insisted!). 

I wrote a post on my blog.

He felt good about himself. 

I felt loved. 

*****************************************






3 comments:

Brandie said...

I love this sweet account of your day. I am totally going to do one now. You've inspired me. :) In more ways than one.

Chili is such a cute girl! I love doggie pictures!

kimche said...

that part about sleep apnea cracked me up, remind me to tell you our story.

marla said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and day. This was heartwarming and hilarious. Your website looks awesome! Your photography is beautiful too. Love the name 503 photography. Tell your hubby hello. Love u!